Lobster Paella Recipe
Paella (pronounced "pa-eya") is a well-known Spanish rice dish. It's a hearty meal that you can try with different types of seafood. Besides lobster and prawn meat, you can also try it with mussels or squid! A great way to introduce seafood and a different cuisine to the kids.
Serving Size: 2 Adults & 2 Children
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
1. Cooked lobster meat - 300g
2. Cooked prawns - 150g
3. Red bell pepper - 1 whole
4. French beans - 150g
5. Yellow onion - 1 large, chopped
6. Medium grain rice - 1.5 cups
7. Chicken stock - 3 cups
8. Olive oil - ¼ cup
9. Garlic - 4 cloves, minced
10. Saffron - ½ teaspoon, crushed
11. Red pepper flakes - ½ teaspoon
12. Ground black pepper - 1 teaspoon
13. Salt - to taste
1. Parsley - 1 tablespoon, minced
2. Lemon - 1 whole, sliced
1. Defrost any frozen ingredients.
2. Chop lobster and prawns into chunks or leave whole, if desired.
3. Slice red bell pepper into ½ inch strips.
4. You can slice the french beans into strips or dice into small rounds.
1. In a large, deep pan or skillet, heat the olive oil.
2. Turn the heat to medium-high and add the onions to sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add the red bell peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Reduce the heat to low and add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
5. Stir in the rice, chicken stock, saffron, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
6. Add in the french beans beans.
7. Cover and continue to let the rice cook and liquid slightly reduce on low heat. Stir 8. the rice gently with a wooden spoon.
8. Once the rice is cooked, add in the lobster and prawn meat. Spread evenly and 9. press into the rice.
10. Once the lobster and prawn chunks have been warmed through, turn off the heat.
11. Garnish with parsley and lemon slices and serve.
1. Adding shellfish such as clams or mussels
- If uncooked, add the clean clams or mussels after the rice has cooked (before adding cooked lobster meat). Cover and cook until the shells open.
- If cooked, add at the same time as the lobster meat.
2. Adding squid rings
- Boil to cook beforehand.
- Alternatively, add after the rice has cooked. Cover and cook until the squid is opaque white.
Lobster Roll Recipe
An easy meal to prepare for those lazy Sundays, even the kids can help! Serve these juicy lobster rolls with a light, crisp salad for a balanced meal.
Serving Size: 2 Adults & 2 Children
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
1. Cooked lobster meat - 400-500g
2. Mayonnaise - ½ cup
3. Lemon juice - 3 tablespoons
4. Celery stalk and leaves, inner portion - 2 stalks, finely chopped
5. Parsley - 2 tablespoons, chopped
6. Chives - 1 tablespoon, chopped
7. Salt - to taste
8. Ground black pepper - to taste
9. Bread rolls - 4 rolls, sliced into half and lightly toasted
10. Melted butter - for brushing
1. Chop the lobster meat into bite-sized pieces.
2. In a bowl, mix the lobster meat, mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, parsley, and salt and pepper.
3. Place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to allow the flavours to be absorbed.
4. Brush the inside of the toasted rolls with melted butter. Scoop the lobster salad into the buttered rolls.
5. Sprinkle the chopped chives on top and serve.
For a lighter version, replace the mayonnaise with plain greek yoghurt. It still gives that creamy texture but with lesser calories!
Use a wholegrain roll for extra fibre.
Benefits of Seafood
Eating seafood is not only tasty, but is chock-full of nutrients and healthy fats which are great for the heart and brain! Here's more reasons to indulge in a seafood feast and get your seafood bundles to taste the treasures of the ocean!READ MORE