Season beef steak only when you want to cook, because salt and pepper will sip the juice out of the beef.
1. Season the steak with salt on one side.
2. Preheat a pan on hight heat.
3. Fry whole garlic clove and rosemary for added flavour and fragrance.
4. Sear the seasoned side of the beef.
5. Season the top side with salt and pepper.
6. After 1 min, flip over the steak and sear the other side.
7. For steaks with a 1.5-2cm thickness, use the 2-minute guideline. Sear both sides again for 2 minutes on each side.
8. Drop a cube of butter on it for flavour. Do not do this in the earlier stage as the butter with caramelize and brown/burn the pan.
Watch your steak carefully. Medium rare doneness is when you see small droplets of blood start to ooze out.